OK. I’ve recently gone slightly geek subscription box mad.
It all started 2ish months ago when a friend of mine posted something on facebook regarding loot crate. Curious, I jumped onto the bandwagon.
2 lootcrates later, I decided that it was a bit too gamer-centric for me (with characters, vouchers and coupon codes for games that I won’t use). I decided to use December and January as a little comparison and signed up with Nerd Block as well. I also succumbed to getting Infinity Crate less than an hour before their december box subscription time ended. (There’s a 4th one, Pop in a box, but more on that in another post).
Why December and January? Because I thought that if I were to get any Hobbity/Lord of the Rings related stuff it would be these 2 months, with the release of the last Hobbity movie (which I really enjoyed!)
So, briefly comparing the 3….
Loot Crate: £19.15 (per month)
-From USA. Gamer-centric. The box itself is a feature in its own right. Has a comic in every box.
Nerd Block: £18.74 (per month)
-From Canada. Guarantees tshirt in every box.
Infinity Crate: £16.99 (per month)
-From UK (wales). Guarantees tshirt and a funko pop. Can enter likes/genres for customized-ish box. Deliver quicker since I’m in the UK as well, but only just.
First one that arrived was Infinity Crate (22 Dec). The others (Nerd Block, and then Loot Crate) followed along today (23 Dec).
From the photo, you can see that they’ve included 6 items (was actually 7, but I think they forgot a mini groot poster which I’m not overly fussed about so not going to ask for it).
1. Funko pop Poison Ivy – Not bad. Saw some other unboxing with danys (Game of thrones) and thought that would have been nice, but not overly fussed.
2. LOTR t-shirt – *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* (nuff said. LOTR item 1 *kaching*). Cloth quality so so.
3. LOTR vinyl sticker – Hm… ok. it’s Hobbity. I’m happy
4. snowman white choc – seasonal, but not really chocolate is it. Still. Happy.
5. Theme postcard – comes in every box with their featured theme (Might and Magic this month?)
6. 4 magnet buttons – nowhere really to stick them, but with a cool Smaug one.
Overall…. Okay. Very happy with the tshirt. Wouldn’t say no to the funko. So with just the 2 items it’s good. Can’t help but think the others are REAAAALLLY filler-fillers…
But if you’re a pop collector and don’t really care what pop you get, then this is a good box to subscribe for.
Am also very happy that it’s within the UK, so will have clocked a lot less milage, which is good.
Next box: Nerd Block