Last but not least, Loot Crate.
The theme was Anniversary. And again, no Hobbits. *sigh* Darn. Oh well…. Fingers crossed for January.
For this box, I cheated. I was so impatient I watched an unboxing before mine arrived so it wasn’t much of a surprise anymore. Just wondered if the Pop would be a different one. (but no… same for all boxes as far as I’ve seen).
11 items in this box, the biggest yet of all the loot crates, literally… the box is the biggest one so far.
1. Funko pop – batman + joker crossover. A loot crate exclusive. Quite cool, but not a massively big batman fan.
2. Batman comic, no.52 (endgame) – nice one. But, again… not a massive batman fan. Not a massive comic fan anymore either.
3. crunchyroll 1 month trial – ok. More up my street. 1 month trial for anime and mangas. Perfect for the next few days of break. Will likely check it out. But not exactly exclusive since I think like netflix and all that they do allow a month trial anyway. Just some advertising I guess….
4. Tetris – tetris stickers! This is fun. 147 pieces that you can use however you like.
5. Groot socks – not even seen guardians of the galaxy, but recently bought the dvd. And the socks are a tad big.
6. Lootcrate monthly badge – shiny gold themed badge that comes with the box every month.
7. Candy cane – suitably christmassy. Very good. Don’t eat sweets, but will make a good deco for a while.
8. Simpsons wallet – semi papery wallet with simpsons. Kinda cute. Not sure how tough it is, but is supposed to last a long time and will expand/wear out depending on how you use it. I like the simpsons well enough. And it’s useful.
9. Captain america scent pouch – vanilla. Yuck. I like eating vanilla, but smelling it? Er… maybe not.
10. Ghost busters doorknob hangar – cute. Loved ghostbusters (movie and cartoon), but not that great a design. Plus I already have a Pooh one that I use.
11. Monthly booklet – comes with the box every month with interviews, features and explanation for the items in the box.
Worth a mention is the box itself. They do something very nice with it every time. This month it’s a batcave! Jokerman seem very happy planning something devious in there at the moment.
So that’s it. 3 subscription boxes.
This month I think NerdBlock nudges its way to the front. Followed by Infinity crate (LOTRs tshirt!). Loot crate trailing along behind.
Loot crate had better quality stuff compared to Infinity crate, but their items are lukewarm to me. At least it’s not gamer centric this month. I might just be sitting at the fringes of their target audience. And the t-shirt quality wasn’t great last month. The design was fab, but the cotton really thin. Seems a bit of a hit and miss because the one before that was fine.
Infinity crate tends to spend most on the Pop and t-shirt. For £16ish that already covers it. Though I’d like something more substantial for fillers, or is that being greedy? They are local though (which I like), and relatively new. So they might get better as the subscriptions increase. I like that they try to customize the boxes to your interests, but their website personal interest update page needs an update desperately. You can’t edit it, only add. So no removing stuff. I didn’t know this at the beginning and was wondering if I needed to have to type everything out everytime I update, so I copy pasted my original list and added the ones I wanted to edit…. Now I have doubles of some from the copy and paste. It drives me nuts.
Nerdblock is definitely nailing it at the moment. I’ll even forgive them not having anything Hobbit/LOTRs even though that is THE biggest movie of the season. (Plus they have a better delivery tracking system going on).
But for now, another month to go before another comparison. Will either make my mind up on keeping one (or keep 2 for another month).